/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Weekend Edition

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend Edition

Good: Dinner with Paul and Kendra, Chill time with Tom and Lisa, SixFlags New England, Q-Bot, Barney, Coasters, Sheraton Springfied, Pool, hot tub, quick trip to providence, Kinsey, entourage.

Bad: lil truancy problem / orangeline broken

Funny: chinese sweatshop worker escaping from my new stuffed animal


So the weekend was outstanding minus a few roadbumps here and there.

Friday shaped-up to be a smashing good time. Thirty minutes of cardio followed by beer bread at Phatt Boys in Harvard Square made for a guilt free dinner. Paul and Kendra joined me for apps and atmosphere. We then headed to Red Line only to be blinded by some woman's GIAGANTIC diamond ring. Good old subset A.

I then met up with my old college friends, Tom and Lisa. It had been far too long since I had seen them and far too short of a visit to catch up with them. However, the short visit was far better than no visit at all.

Saturday is where things got rocky. My three amigos decided to get trashed on Friday night and none of them were on time for our trip to Six Flags. However, after a few phone calls to awaken my still sleeping bf, we were on our way to the theme park. Things took a turn for the best when we arrived in Springfield, checked-in to our $29 room, picked up our SFNE tickets, and headed out! It only took us 30 minutes of staning in line before we realized we need to upgrade ourselves. While Kendra and I held down our place in line, Doug and Jess were sent off to acquire the Q-bot. (Pronoucned Que-Bat - since it's better with an upstate ny accent).

The Q-bot is the SFNE version of the SpeedPass. You can reserve all your rides via the handheld device and it then tells you what time to show up. At your designated time, you move into a fast line and do not have to wait hours to get on board the rides. It's quite a good system and the four of us had fun trying to figure out what factors it considers when determing the times for your rides. We did all the big coasters, a few smaller rides, ate, and were merry. The boyfriend won me a cute stuffed bear - whom I deemed Barney. Strangely when I woke up Sunday morning, the stitches in barney's legs had some apart - I maintain to believe that a small chinese sweatshop worked had imported himself over here inside of my new plush toy.

Six Flags was a huge thumbs up... and the hotel was wonderful too! My thanks to the three amigos who joined me. The trip home ended up being about 5 hours long, but it also took us to Rhode Island and then back into Mass - so it was fine.

That about sums it up! A great time had by all :) Wish you all could have been there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home