/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Shape Up Somerville 5k

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Shape Up Somerville 5k

On Sunday, September 30th, I completed my first 5k ever. Joe and I shaved four minutes off our practice time and crossed the finish line at 34 minutes. That works out to be just over a 10 minute mile, which I am extremely excited about! Yes, I had to walk a little bit here and there, but for short durations and we still finished in what I consider excellent time. Oh, and we didn't finish last, so that was good too... did I mention that we passed some skinny people? That also felt good. We were beaten by a speed walker and an 87 year old looking couple (who were previous boston marathon runners). But overall, I was really quite proud to compete, finish, and not come in last! We ran this route: http://www.shapeupsomerville5k.org/Map.html and made it up all the hills, even the long, gradual one that I was afraid of!

I am so proud of Joe for his effort and incredible progress since March.

We definitely couldn't have done this without each other!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger JoeFaust said...

    We totally rule. Next year we finish (a) without walking and (b) under 30 minutes. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home