/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: She's Back

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

She's Back


Okay, I know... I haven't blogged in months. Strange, I actually have work to do these days. But I finally found some time to sit down and write.

My cousin got married in June. I was the co-maid-of-honor. It was a great time. The ceremony was nice and the whole family came out. It was the first time in seventeen years that all of my first cousins had been in the same room at the same time. It was quite momentus.

In July the friends and I took a trip to Lake George where Aaron's parents have a house and condo. Becka, Nichole, Dave, Gail, Aaron and I all enjoyed a weekend of boating, relaxing, dancing, and tanning. It was a beautiful weekend and a great time had by all. We came back for the Boston fireworks and were quite happy.

I just got back from a trip to Nashville with Kenny and Jarad. We'd never been there and we were psyched to spend some quality time as "then there were three." I would highly recommend Nashville to anyone - the music, although mostly on the country side, still had a good amount of pop and rock to round out the selections. Saturday night we were lucky enough to run into "Sean Hunter" from Boy Meets World - nothing like a D List celeb at a random dive bar in Nashville. It was pretty cool to see him there though - and that's a decent random celeb sighting. Sunday we went to visit Vanderbilt, where no one knew where the book store was located and apparently no one on was actually on the campus. It was about 105 degrees while we were there, quite refreshing- not. We also went to the Partheonon, for some unknown reason Nashville has a scale replica of the Greek Parthenon. Monday we visited the Opry Land Hotel (which I fell in love with) and the Grand Old Orpy... less exciting, but you have to go when you're in Nash. It was a great trip and with sadness I said goodbye to my boys - hoping to see them again in December.






Big changes in the apartment in the next few weeks. Paul is moving out tomorrow (*tear) and Christian is moving in either Tuesday or Thursday (yay). At the end of the month Shelly is leaving and then Kate is moving in. Yeah - big changes.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm glad you're back! :)

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So why did you not include a picture of you with said cousin who got married? I see how it is!

     
  • At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    THAT'S because you're not BLACK

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home