/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Highlights and Sharpies

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Highlights and Sharpies

So it's Monday. Monday after Thanksgiving. So I am about twenty pounds heavier than last week at this time and sluggish as all getup. However, today I religiously followed my nutrition program and so far I feel back in control. I would list the foods I ate over Thanksgiving, but no one would believe that all that food could fit in my belly... even over the course of five days. Tomorrow will be the first day with the personal trainer since the eating began... so that should be interesting... I may have to roll myself a mile and a half to her studio rather than running like I usually do. Every year I learn the same thing... being at my parents' house makes me lose control of my eating. Maybe in the future I'll just show up for the meal and then run away as to avoid all the other food that goes along with the feast.

In good news, my promotion becomes official this week. I am now a Marketing Manager. That's pretty cool considering a year and a half ago at this time I was crying at work on a regular basis, getting screamed at by my old boss, and maintained a generally miserable existence from 8:00 am - 5:30 pm. Thank god I left that place! So now, I am a happy little Marketing Manager! Woot! The best thing about that, so far, is that someone sent me a mini sharpie in the mail today trying to convince me that I should spend all my trade show budget on their trade shows. For a free sharpie, I'll do pretty much anything! I wonder which of my family members will get this free sharpie in their stocking this christmas.... they also sent me some clippy things... they are less cool and would make better lame gifts.

What else? Yassine and I have been doing lots of things together... things he's only done once or never. Bowling (candlepin, of course) was a first, iceskating was a second, 3-D movie (Beowolf) was a first, traditional Thanksgiving was a first, decorating a Christmas tree was a first,... yeah we're pretty much making him american :) He doesn't seem to mind, and he's actually a pretty good bowler. He's the most wonderful man in the world and I am happy to spend oodles of time doing all kinds of american type things with him!

He and I leave for Paris on the 29th of December to spend our first vacation together. It should be awesome and strange at the same time. For most of the trip, we're staying in Paris with his family, who does not speak English. It's not his mom and dad, but his aunts and uncles, but still no english. I wish my five years of latin could magically turn into french, but alas. He'll be doing a lot of translating. I am bringing his family small gifts from the US... I was thinking of bringing Maple Syrup. Anyone have any other ideas? The trip will be incredible and I can't wait to get over there!

Things I've learned about myself... i made a damn good lasagna- healthy even :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home