/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Writer's Block

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Writer's Block

I know I've been silent for a long time. I look at my friends' blogs and they update them a few times a week. I love to hear what they've been up to, but for some reason, I've felt blocked lately, with no updates to produce here.

Things with me are good, really good. Who has that quote on their facebook profile? I think it's Mike G... "I can't complain, but sometimes I do anyway"... forget who said that. Truly though, lately, I feel like things are just floating on by.

Yassine and I are still looking for an apartment for the summer time. We're going to move in August, so not much on Craigslist is posted for that time frame. I keep seeing pictures of beautiful places, but until he gets settled in a job, we're not going to make any kind of dollar commitment... especially since we want to save for a house.

I've been at the gym 5 days a week since January 10th... I am running just over 2.5 miles and soon will kick it up to three. I have some good weeks with food and some not so good weeks. I am trying to be better about shopping, cooking, etc. But sometimes after working all week, I just want someone else to do the work. I am in love with the grill pan that my parents got me for Christmas. I use that thing all the time. I never used to cook fish, but now, I am eating fish two times a week. I am going to try burgers on that thing this weekend I think...

What else... Birthday party planning is in the works. Another trip to NH for hiking and relaxing. Should be a great time... I am expecting between eight and twelve guests. It will be nice to get away from the city for a while.

The longer I stay here, the more frustrated I become with city life. Maybe it's just this city. Maybe it's just the end of winter in this city. People seem very cranky. Or is it me... is it me who seems cranky? Trying to make my way through Harvard Square a few weeks back I nearly went postal. So many people, just wandering... I become frustrated. I'd like to move away from the city, but I need the T to commute. I found an adorable 3 bedroom house in Bellingham... less than 300k... i want it. Oh well.

The truth is that I am approaching a transition period in my life. I can feel it starting to creep up on me. I want to reach out and grab it and embrace it, but it's inching closer and closer and remains just out of reach. The anticipation of this transition might be way I haven't felt the need to write. The exciting things that I know will be wonderful and challenging are just around the corner... so close.

PS - David Cooke had better win American Idol. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home