/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: The Steve Jobs Business Model

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, January 30, 2006

The Steve Jobs Business Model

Dear Steve Jobs,
I still hate Apple.
No love,
Me.

Okay, so I give the guy a lot of credit for saving his company and exploding his stock to levels beyond belief. By hook or by crook... well I think it's by crook. I was recently gifted a two-gig nano iPod for Christmas. I will admit that yes, it was my own faul that my pod got into an accident with the eliptical machine at the gym - and I wasn't looking for a handout. I went to the Apple store on Saturday to get a price quote on the cost of fixing the cracked screen (LCD panel) and perhaps the dent in the back... although I don't mind the dent, it gives it character. The cost of such repair, I was told by one of the "genuises" was $230 because they have to send it out to have it fixed and there is a service fee. I stared blankly at this so-called "genius" because he had just informed me that fixing the pod cost more than a new pod. I asked him if this was true. If I just walked over to the shelf and purchased a new pod it would be less than giving him my used pod to have it fixed? Yes.

Steve Jobs is a Genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home