/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: The Dogs are Sticking to the Sidewalks!

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Dogs are Sticking to the Sidewalks!

And here it is, the coldest day of the year
it's simply freezing
the dogs are sticking to the sidewalks
can anyone explain that? no.
-----

Alrighty, so here it is another Monday. I have to say, since the last written update I've done a lot. I went to NYC to see Jarad, Kenny & Tom and Lisa. I had a blast, ended up seeing some old haunts from years past as well. It was nice to have a mini HK reunion. I was stoked to see Jared's band, finally after talking about it for six years, I finally go to see him play. It was a ton of fun. The highlight was when they played a hardcore cover of "Straight-Up" by Paula Abdul and only the 8 of us knew the words because everyone else there was 16 or something. It reminded me of the time I was at a RBF show and I leaned over and said to Trevor, "remember when we were younger and we'd go to shows and there would be that weird old guy in the corner? We are that weird old guy" A ton of fun though.

My four day weekend concluded with sitting on the couch with a glass of wine and a piece of (WW friendly) chocolate cake. Choir was good until Bag-a-douche wanted to be my friend and I was having none of it. I finally just told him "i don't want to see or speak to you any more ever, is that being clear" he responded with "as a whistle" which isn't even a phrase, but to me it just paralleled our whole relationship, him being on one page and me being on another. Alas, at least that is (fingers crossed) over with.

I went on a date with Spanish Speaking Boy on Thursday... it went well - better than one would have expected, except I met someone on Saturday night who might have stolen my interested entirely.

Friday evening I went to the parents' house for dinner. It was tasty, momma made a pot roast for me. I love her for that! We chatted for a number of hours before I headed back to The Ville to get some MUCH needed sleep. Too much time spend awake chilling with Aaron and Co. during the week, by Friday I was toast.

Saturday night Becka, Paul and I headed to Phoenix Landing for some much needed ass shaking. After making eyes at a boy for seven songs, I finally danced with someone else... very sad to leave my very cute wall-flower. After the song ended I told my dancing partner that I needed a drink (water folks, you know how I am) and he was like "okay i have to go find my friend" so I was like "fuck-you bye" (but really i just walked away). I walked directly to my adorable wall-flower and said "are you drunk enough to dance yet" and he said "i can't without a partner" and we pretty much stayed side by side for the rest of the night. Maybe he'll call, that would be splendid. He expressed interest in Friday's ICL event, so perhaps we can arrange that.

Sunday after a cardio session at the gym, working on 4 hours of sleep, and having danced for 3 hours straight the night before, I headed to Harvard Square with Julie my chick friend from fat club. We had a great time. It was nice to chill with her outside of the Fat Club world.

I took a nap at 7:30 on Sunday night, it turned out it wasn't a nap, it was bedtime, because other than waking up at 12:30 to take off my clothes, i slept through the night. Not bad, not bad at all.

The next three weekends should be fairly memorable:
3.3 - Iron Chef @ Felt
3.9 - Kenny & Jarad Roll into town
3.17 - Official Irish Drinking Day
3.18 - Southington to see Toni

2 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ummmmm, yeah, i don't live in southington anymore... but i'll give you those details before the 18th, i swear


    -ton

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i occasionally feel the need to say "awww, snap" why do you think that is? am i unintentionally going ghetto? can it be stopped?
    hehehe, gefilte... you had to have known that i would have a jewish fish
    ~ton

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home