/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Valentine's Day

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

My entry for the cutest valentine story ever, as told by yours truly, about yours truly.

Valentine Kudos go out to: Mom & Dad, Jess, Zach, & Aaron with honoroable mentions to Shelly & Natalio.

But here's the bread and butter:

I walk to work - and have been doing so since August of '04. I walk down Mass ave to Harvard Square. Frequently on my walks I see the same people walking to wherever they go in the mornings. I started smiling at this one gentleman who also looks happy to see me, friendly and soon our passings progress to "goodmornings" "how are yous" and "have a great days" - we never really chat because we're both on our way to work. One day I stop and ask him his name because I think it's crazy that we always see each other and I dont' know his name. Elisea is his name. Then finally one day I see him on his way HOME from work - it's the week after Christmas and we stop to chat. I immediately start asking a million questions "how was your christmas, what are you doing for new years" etc. He stares at me blankly and blinks. "oh my god" i think, "he doesn't speak english" So I slow way down and start putting together simple sentences we talk briefly. Next time we see each other I ask if it's spanish or portugese that he speaks- so i know which language to learn. It's spanish. We chat about where he lives and what not. Then last week I finally am just like "we should go out" and he agrees and he takes my number. He doesn't call though. His english is basic and my spanish is nearly non-existent. But we get by with smiles, and easy topics. I am walking home yesterday from work and wondering if I'll see him today. I get closer to where we usually pass each other and he's there with flowers. I think "shit, he has a girlfriend" and I get closer and he hands me half a dozen roses. "for you" he says and leans in and kisses my cheek. I am shocked, I hug him and say thank you. He says "I lost your number" I give it to him again and I take his. I tell him I am going to NYC this weekend but will be back sunday and I am off work on Monday. I think he understands, but not sure.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Megan! That is so cute, I feel like it's from a scene in a movie--those spaniards. "te gusto" means I like you, "te quiero" means i love you and "no me jodas" means don't fuck with me :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home