/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Reunited and it Feels so Good

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Reunited and it Feels so Good

And then there were three.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing has made me happier in the last four years than my three-way friendship with Jarad and Kenny. From the day we left the United States for Hong Kong the three of us have been insperable. Be it the bond of Hong Kong or just an unexplainable bond, the three of us have been sharing and caring about each other for a while now.

The coincidence of the Big East Tourney was a nice bonus to Jarad and Kenny's arrival in Boston. Thursday evening the boys rolled into town and we headed to the Burren. I knew Jarad would love the music and the three of us danced and got silly to many songs to which we knew all the words. The Swinging Johnsons were taking requests and scattered among the usual hits were a few random tunes that got us all dancing and happy... what cover band plays Black Betty? Dust in the Wind made me want to call Christian, but I refrained and sang along... 99 Red Balloons didn't last long because no one knew all the words, but it was fun none-the-less. Closing the night with More Than Words by Extreme was random, but fun. We stayed up late, talking about the old days and watching Syracuse highlights on ESPN. We crashed for the night to sleep in and head to Harvard to show Jarad all that Cambridge has to offer. Lunch at Cambridge Common was nice, and we all left with a full belly and a smile on our faces. From Harvard Square, we toured Boston, through the Holocaust Memorial, around through Fanieul Hall and back to Cheers to enjoy a beer (or icecream).

Back at 729 we watched and intense syracuse game while scarfing on Tacos Lupita... the pregame for The Harp was ridiculous. Did I really drink almost a whole bottle of wine? I think I did. And wait, whose pipe was that? Most of the kids came out to party - Dave, Aaron, Rich, Becka, Paul, Shelly - it was a good crew. The Harp was randomly playing almost all the same songs we had heard at the Burren the night before - but it was all good. We did some booty shaking and enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday we chilled on the stoop - and yes, I got a sunburn - yes, in March. My skin hadn't seen sun in MONTHS... and two hours on the stoop gave me a nice red burn to remember my weekend with the boys. Spirit was the bar of choice to watch Syracuse v. Pitt. A great game, a great victory - lots of G-mac highlights... and Dosoldorph played a great game too...

What a good time with my friends... I wish I could party with them all the time. Jarad was smitten with Boston and I am pretty sure I can get him back up here in the future! So that'll be a very good thing.

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home