/* /* Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl: Could it be? Yes it could.

Mindless Meanderings of a Curly Haired Girl

It's got all the right elements: dark comedy, a great female lead, and a bizarre storyline.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Could it be? Yes it could.

What is this feeling
so sudden & new?
I felt it the moment
I laid eyes on you.
My pulse is rushing.
My head is reeling.
My face is flushing.
What is this feeling?
Fervid as a flame -
Does it have a name?
~~

It really has been awhile since I've posted anything. But here it is, Patriot's Day, I am stuck in the office; I might as well blog. The prolonged silence about my life is in now way an indicator of what has actually been happening. I have been either too tired, too exhausted, too busy, or too preoccupied to really sit down and focus. So here we go.

I recently learned of the death of a very good friend's mother. This situation has made me quite sad and has brought up some old memories from high school. The lady that passed away, Linda, was more than just a "friend's mom" - she was also heavily involved with the school as a substitute teacher, class aide, and local artist. She was a great lady and certainly didn't deserve to leave this earth in such an untimely manner. Her death reminded me of how out of touch I've been with so many people from my youth. While I did attend the five year reunion, it doesn't mean that I have talked to anyone with whom I reunited. I will always have Brie and Jenn - but other than that I couldn't tell you what anyone is doing these days. Good thing my Mom is a librarian because she gives me the skinny on all kinds of people. I mean I don't even talk to Mr. Byrne any longer and he was my mentor. I think he stopped caring about me when he found out I was a registered republican. I was a member of the GSA- just because I am a republican doesn't mean I agree with all of their social ideals - I used to think more of him, but once I revealed myself as an Elephant, he pretty much peaced out of my life.

I am waiting to find out when the memorial service is for Linda- as she has already been laid to rest in Florida. I will go back to Groton to support the family and show my appreciation for everything she did and stood for.

I also met a boy. And dare I say - I like him quite a bit... He's not the journalist, or the dirt biker... he is far superior to both of those. He is a kind hearted, tall, self proclaimed "mammal" who enjoyed his first taste of Redbones yesterday. He's hooked. I'm pretty hooked too, on him though. My mother keeps telling me not to go "100 miles an hour" as I tend to do with men when I have feelings for them. But I've learned that if you put yourself out there to be met halfway, it's pretty obvious if he's willing to meet in the middle. Are he and I going to have fights/frustrations of course we are. I am, for all intensive purposes, dating Frank. The creative mind is an incredible thing and he has an astounding one. He is great - and he makes me happy. I'll keep you posted.

In other news, Paul is leaving for sure. I have known this for about a month now, ever since he came back from Johns Hopkins - I knew there was something better out there for him, and that he had realized the same. But last week he officially told me - no dice on staying in Boston. I am pretty devastated by this turn of events. Not to say that I am not happy for him, or his choice - I think it's exactly the right thing for him to do. I am just devastated by the fact that one of my best friends will be leaving. Paul is my touchstone here, my sounding board, my lookout, my brother, and he has been a life changing influence for the last year. How else should I feel? I think devastated is a pretty fair assessment. At least he'll be happier, and that's all I care about. I'll still get to talk to him and email him... but who is going to be my sunday night movie date? who is going to threaten to kill any boy who hurts me? who is going to make me giggle and do mindless household tasks with me? I am certainly saddened about this.

I think Christian is moving in. My mind is churning in a million directions about what could happen in the next five months - but as it stands, Christian will be joining the 729 household on October 1st. I will be happy to have him back living with me - he's a great roommate and I am psyched to be able to offer him accommodations.

Momma's birthday was on Friday. I am taking her to see Wicked on Sunday as her gift, but last week the fam and I took her out for seafood at a local Davis Square location. It was delicious.

While things they are a-changing, I am feeling calm and in the midst of the upheaval I feel strangely settled.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, what about the shower...am I chopped liver? :)

    Love you!
    J

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what's going on, jun', you've been MIA on the gbf for a few days
    -toni

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home